I have always wanted to be a Dietitian.
I graduated from Otago University with a Bachelor of Science majoring in Human Nutrition and then a Masters in Dietetics.
I was a lucky scholarship recipient throughout my University years which allowed work experience at Taranaki Base Hospital (while also working in a shearing shed). I later worked at Taranaki Base for two years then as a locum Dietitian in Scotland and England.
My business has been a gateway to working with amazing people; prominent sports teams and well oiled workplaces - I am very lucky.
We are made to move and I LOVE being active.
I have dabbled in a few areas including trail running; surfing, basketball and kickboxing.
At the moment I am doing my best not to get injured while learning to mountain bike :)
I have a genuine desire to help people be their best and I want food to be easy.
Sometimes a few nutritional tweaks go a long way.
2017 - current:
- Creator and Lead Dietitian at New Plymouth Nutrition, Sports Nutritionist for TRFU
- Locum Dietitian work in England and Scotland
- Medical Wards/ Critical Care Unit/ Community Enteral Feeding
- Private Work as Dietitian
- Sports Nutrition
- Taranaki Base Hospital
- General Medical/ Rehab wards/ Stroke Team
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian - 20-01718
- Registered in the UK by the Health Care Professions Council
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Human Nutrition
- Masters Degree - Dietetics
Sports Dietitan's Australia - Qualified Sports Dietitian
ISAK - Level 1 Accreditation - 2018
My Intentions as your Dietitian
- First and foremost I aim to be professional - this means that any information disclosed during consults remains Private unless consent has been obtained to discuss it with others.
- I am Registered with the Dietitians Board in New Zealand. This means any advice I give to my clients is based on GOOD research. If it isn't, I lose my registration.
- I encourage my clients to be the best versions of themselves. In no way do I feel that I have the right to judge their lifestyle, body shape or decisions. I work for my clients.
- Any Information I write on this website or on any forms of Social Media is aimed at the general public and should not be considered advice specific to the reader - that's what consultations are for.
- All opinions voiced regarding products i.e. taste, texture etc are my own. I will declare if I receive samples to review and this will in no way influence my opinion.
I had a consultation with Maggie this week.
⇣ Drag elements to your Custom Footer Container ⇣