Maggie Radich - Lead Dietitian
I attended Otago University and obtained a Bachelor of Science majoring in Human Nutrition then went on to complete my Masters to become a Dietitian.
I love being active and have dabbled in a few areas. Prior to taking up surfing I did a lot of trail and long distance running (completed my first full marathon in 2012).
I love sport and have found the most enjoyment in Basketball and Kickboxing.
I wanted to further my understanding of Sports Nutrition so completed additional study to became a qualified Sports Dietitian - Thanks Sports Dietitians Australia.
Before working as a locum in Scotland and England I worked for Taranaki Base Hospital. I still receive support and clinical supervision from the Dietitians at Base, there is so much knowledge within that network - I am lucky.
In my spare time I'll likely be working at the TRFU, seeing private clients, surfing (or trying to), or going out for coffee (I'm not addicted, I can stop when I want . . . ;) )
Otago University: - New Zealand Registered Dietitian - 20-01718
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Human Nutrition - Registered in the UK by the Health Care Professions Council
- Masters Degree - Dietetics
Sports Dietitan's Australia:
- Qualified Sports Dietitian
Level 1 Accreditation - 2018
2017 - current - Creator and Lead Dietitian at New Plymouth Nutrition, Sports Nutritionist for TRFU
2016 - Locum Dietitian work in England and Scotland - Medical Wards/ Critical Care Unit/ Community Enteral Feeding
2013- Current - Private Work as Dietitian - Sports Nutrition
2013-2016 - Taranaki Base Hospital - General Medical/ Rehab wards/ Stroke Team
My Intentions as your Dietitian
- First and foremost I aim to be professional - this means that any information disclosed during consults remains Private unless consent has been obtained to discuss it with others.
- I am Registered with the Dietitians Board in New Zealand. This means any advice I give to my clients is based on GOOD research. If it isn't, I lose my registration.
- I encourage my clients to be the best versions of themselves. In no way do I feel that I have the right to judge their lifestyle, body shape or decisions. I work for my clients.
- Any Information I write on this website or on any forms of Social Media is aimed at the general public and should not be considered advice specific to the reader - that's what consultations are for.
- All opinions voiced regarding products i.e. taste, texture etc are my own. I will declare if I receive samples to review and this will in no way influence my opinion.
I had a consultation with Maggie this week. She is warm, engaging & very knowledgeable. It was great to have a down to earth consult with a professional. Taranaki is lucky to have her.